Just as fans cheer for athletes during a game, families can support students by encouraging them to participate in Read to the Final Four® and motivating them to read every day.
Inspire your child to get in the game and advance through the reading competition with these strategies and resources.
Getting started is easy
To participate in Read to the Final Four, students read on a personalized digital literacy platform, powered by Renaissance myON®. Follow these simple steps help your child start reading and competing today.
- To log in, follow the instructions provided by your child’s teacher.
- After logging in, encourage your child to click on the Library tab at the top of the screen and then click Recommended to find books that match his or her interests and reading level. You can also click Browse or Search to explore additional titles.
- Once your child opens a book, he or she can activate reading supports by selecting the appropriate buttons in the toolbars for audio, zoom, text highlighting, and more. Click on any word in the text to see the dictionary.
Get your Child in the Game
Make sure your child is ready to compete and get in the game–whether they’re reading at home, on the go, or in the classroom. Learn how you can “cheer on” your child to become a successful reader with these helpful resources.
- Welcome: Letter to Parents and Guardians (English)
- Welcome: Letter to Parents and Guardians (Spanish)
- Welcome: Letter to Parents and Guardians for Clever Users (English)
- Welcome: Letter to Parents and Guardians for Clever Users (Spanish)
- Blog: Supporting Reading Outside of School
- What Every Parent Should Know About Reading
- Strategies: Building Successful Readers at Home
- Student prizing information
Renaissance myON equipment room
The Read to the Final Four reading competition uses a digital literacy platform powered by Renaissance myON to provide your child with access to books and track reading time. Learn more with these helpful resources and videos.