Teacher Locker Room
Just as coaches motivate teams to play their best and strive for a win, educators like you can inspire every student in your class to achieve reading growth by participating in Read to the Final Four®.
Encourage your students to get in the game and advance through the reading competition with these strategies and resources.
Make a game plan
Coaching your students on how to participate and achieve their best performance in the reading competition starts with an effective game plan. These resources and best practices will help you engage students in reading and help them achieve success in the competition, the classroom, and beyond.
Get your students in the game
Ensure your students are ready to get in the game—whether they’re reading in the classroom, at home, or on the go.
- Student login reminder cards
- Letter to parents and guardians
- Classroom bulletin board cutouts
- Student prizing information
- Video Library – Insights to Motivate Reading Growth from:
Renaissance myON equipment room
The Read to the Final Four reading competition uses a digital literacy platform powered by Renaissance myON® to provide access to books and track time spent reading. Learn more with these helpful resources and videos.
- What is myON Reader?
- Teacher quick tips for myON Reader
- Getting started with myON Reader
- Offline reading with myON Reader
- Video: myON Reader educator resources
- Video: Student intro to myON Reader (part 1)
- Video: Student intro to myON Reader (part 2)
READ TO THE FINAL FOUR: INSIGHTS TO MOTIVATE READING GROWTH
Hey third grade students, did you know that many NCAA athletes share your love of reading? Check out this short video to hear how reading has contributed to their overall success!